Ridge Route Book is no longer available for purchase
Sandberg's, which was constructed of logs, the National Forest
Inn sported neatly trimmed white clapboard buildings. A gentleman
named Courtemanche built it. The exact date of construction is
not clear but it is mentioned in a 1925 newspaper clipping. A
1926 touring guide indicated that there were nine rooms in cottages,
most with running water. They also had a garage and auto camp.
The National Forest Inn was destroyed by a fire, which originated
in the garage on October 20, 1932 . All that remains today are
cement steps on the West Side of the road.